[SOLVED] is this samsung b-die? F4 3466C16D 8GTZR

Solution
Well, apparently they don't have them all listed there. Perhaps that kit is newer than their listings OR they've just failed to list it. I'd contact the owner of that site about it. It's not like it was made by a human who makes mistakes or leaves things out, and is not all knowing, or anything. LOL.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Are you looking for AMD if so look for the X

Optimized for the AMD Ryzen Threadripper, the vibrance and performance of Trident Z RGB is now expanded to include the latest AMD platforms! Just look for the “X” at the end of the Trident Z RGB model numbers!
Featuring a completely exposed light bar with vibrant RGB LEDs, merged with the award-winning Trident Z heatspreader design, and constructed with the highest quality components, the Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory kit combines the most vivid RGB lighting with uncompromised performance.

It's highly unlikely you're going to get a kit of two or more modules to run at 3466mhz anyhow if you are running a Ryzen CPU. I'd look at 3000-3200mhz kits of two modules that have a CL14 (CAS 14) latency. ALL of those sticks that I've seen at those speeds that are CL14 ARE B-die modules or kits.

And Dark lord of tech DID post information relevant to your question.

What model of CPU and motherboard do you HAVE?

Oct 24, 2015
It's highly unlikely you're going to get a kit of two or more modules to run at 3466mhz anyhow if you are running a Ryzen CPU. I'd look at 3000-3200mhz kits of two modules that have a CL14 (CAS 14) latency. ALL of those sticks that I've seen at those speeds that are CL14 ARE B-die modules or kits.

And TDLOT did post information relevant to your question.
alright, missed that. Sorry.
i didnt mean to insult anyone, i tryly thought he was a bot

Yes it does. But again, I'd be VERY surprised, if it's ANY kind of Zen platform, whether Ryzen or Threadripper, if you could get those sticks to run at that speed without a GREAT deal of trial and error, if at all. It's possible, but unlikely. Chances are much better if it's an unlocked Intel platform AND you are overclocking the CPU to bolster the internal memory controller.

Well, apparently they don't have them all listed there. Perhaps that kit is newer than their listings OR they've just failed to list it. I'd contact the owner of that site about it. It's not like it was made by a human who makes mistakes or leaves things out, and is not all knowing, or anything. LOL.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cas 14 is Bdie. Cas 15 can be either Bdie or Ddie depending on what's available. Cas 16 is Ddie.

Not all make the listing, since some of the sticks can use multiple different vendors and dies. Watched a video the other day on how to safely remove a heatsink. Dude used 2 identical Patriot kits, fresh off the same rack. One had 4x Samsung ic's, the other had 8 SkHynix ic's.

So my guess would be that unless it's a vendor specific request that certain models/speeds/sizes etc use specifically Bdie, then you can't add a stick to the registry if it also uses others.

Umm, yeah, that's totally not true. It COMPLETELY depends on the speed of the module as to whether CAS 14 denotes a B-die module or not. If the sticks are 3000mhz or 3200mhz and they are CL14, then every stick I've seen IS B-die, period. If they are a lower speed stick, they can easily be CL14 (CAS 14) without being a B-die module. Plenty of different IC equipped 2133 and 2400mhz sticks are CL14 and are not Samsung ICs, B-die or otherwise.

As well, there are plenty of sticks that are HIGHER than 3200mhz, but do NOT have a CAS 14 latency, and ARE B-die. In fact, I don't know of any sticks that are higher than 3200mhz regardless of whether it's a single stick or a kit, in any capacity, that have a CAS 14 latency. After 3200mhz, B-die equipped sticks are typically CAS 15 or higher depending on the speed of the kit or module. You can't say that any given CAS latency denotes a specific IC, because it doesn't. At all. It can be anything. B die, E die, S die, M die.

As seen here, there are NO modules with higher than 3200mhz speeds that are CAS 14. They are all CAS 15 or higher.

30binf5.jpg

Exactly. "Most of the time" or "usually" or "often" or something along those lines, is a LOT different than "Cas 14 is Bdie. Cas 15 can be either Bdie or Ddie depending on what's available. Cas 16 is Ddie." That is a statement that says "across the board, this is definitively what IS".

I just wanted to clarify that is all, because the way I read it is the way a lot of other people would be likely to read it as well, regardless of what you meant by it. Generalizations, as Anort3 has indicated, are where we run into trouble. Saying "CAS 14 is Bdie" with nothing to quantify the parameters for that statement, leads most who read it to believe that if the memory has CAS 14 then it IS B-die, regardless of speed or other considerations. That is all.