Question Is this something to be worried about?

McJames

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
  • Note: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Thermaltake V3 Black Edition ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.

This is from PCPartPicker. I'm going to upgrade my PC soon and I don't know if this is something to be worried about. Thanks.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • Note: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Thermaltake V3 Black Edition ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports.
This is from PCPartPicker. I'm going to upgrade my PC soon and I don't know if this is something to be worried about. Thanks.
It's basically saying that your motherboard can supply power to USB 3 ports on the front panel of your case, but your case doesn't have USB 3 ports to use there.

So it's a wasted feature on the motherboard in effect. USB 3 is useful for data transfer, as it is higher speed. But if you're not fussed on USB 3, don't worry.

McJames

Commendable
Jul 24, 2017
It's basically saying that your motherboard can supply power to USB 3 ports on the front panel of your case, but your case doesn't have USB 3 ports to use there.

So it's a wasted feature on the motherboard in effect. USB 3 is useful for data transfer, as it is higher speed. But if you're not fussed on USB 3, don't worry.
I see. Thanks!