[SOLVED] Is this SSD fast

Jan 5, 2021
Hi, I am planning on buying a new SSD for my pc and install Windows 10 on it. I am Doing a Clean install and I know how to do it. The SSD that is compatible with my motherboard is the Crucial P2 1tb. I wanted to make this thread short and sweet. I didn’t find any useful information on it so I decided to come here. I am a gamer and I play all type of games. So the question is,. Is this SSD fast enough for general use and gaming?

Hi, I am planning on buying a new SSD for my pc and install Windows 10 on it. I am Doing a Clean install and I know how to do it. The SSD that is compatible with my motherboard is the Crucial P2 1tb. I wanted to make this thread short and sweet. I didn’t find any useful information on it so I decided to come here. I am a gamer and I play all type of games. So the question is,. Is this SSD fast enough for general use and gaming?
Any NVME is much faster than any SATA SSDs, to say nothing about HDDs. Super fast drives are not going to help with gaming at all, even SATA drive is enough but yes P5 is faster.

The 'real world' reality on NVME is a second or two shaved off of boot times, and, another second or two off of the 27-30 second game level load times.... (in other words, nothing all that noticeable. Get NVME when you can, but, even SATA SSDs are still great too.

The 'real world' reality on NVME is a second or two shaved off of boot times, and, another second or two off of the 27-30 second game level load times.... (in other words, nothing all that noticeable. Get NVME when you can, but, even SATA SSDs are still great too.
There's another benefit of fast drives, less load on the rest of system and specially on drive itself. That might matter in lower end systems.