Is this SSD worth keeping or should I upgrade?

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
So few years ago I built my pc with an i7-4820k, an asus P9X79, 16Gb S.Skill DDR3 and a GTX970. I know this specs are kind of weird, im just upgrading to a i7 8700k and a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 with some RGB ram. But the point is that I got the Corsair LX128 SSD, this is because it was quite cheap and I knew SSD's were recommended, so I got it. But now im seeing that all those Samsung Evos are quite good for gaming and productivity systems, and my question is, is it worth selling the LX and getting a 250 GB Evo? I might have to spend 50-70 dollars to get the 100 dollar Evo, is it worth it or is the LX good?

theyeti87

Honorable
It's worth it to keep your existing SSD and add more storage to your PC. With having multiple SSDs in your system, you could dedicate the older one to house a game or two, while keeping your operating system on the main drive.

If you need to sell your current SSD to afford a new one, just wait it out and save up for the new drive.

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

The problem is that I have just saved money for the new CPU, MoBo, RAM and GPU, so I don't really have money for a new SSD, I might save a bit for the difference but that's all. I wanted to know if it is really worth the upgrade or addition of the EVO, if it isn't i would like to know.

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

I won't use the SSD for games, more like System and some software for 3D modelling. The LX will do fine right?

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

So I should just keep the LX128 right? The Evo might be faster but already having an ssd helps quite a lot.