[SOLVED] Is this SSD worth swapping?

segordon24

Commendable
Jul 26, 2017
I purchased this SSD to replace the hd in my laptop to make it a little quicker. But it has just been sitting because I really haven't been using my laptop. So I had this idea but I don't believe it's a good one. When I built my desktop I put in this SSD for the OS. I looked over the specs of the TeamGroup drive and it is almost as good as the Samsung. But the saying you get what you pay for. $139.99 for the Samsung and $79.99 for the TeamGroup.

Would the TeamGroup be a good swap for the Samsung? Or just leave good enough alone and leave the Samsung in? Its 7 years old and still tests perfectly fine. Only reason to really swap is to gain size for OS and main programs.

I purchased this SSD to replace the hd in my laptop to make it a little quicker. But it has just been sitting because I really haven't been using my laptop. So I had this idea but I don't believe it's a good one. When I built my desktop I put in this SSD for the OS. I looked over the specs of the TeamGroup drive and it is almost as good as the Samsung. But the saying you get what you pay for. $139.99 for the Samsung and $79.99 for the TeamGroup.

Would the TeamGroup be a good swap for the Samsung? Or just leave good enough alone and leave the Samsung in? Its 7 years old and still tests perfectly fine. Only reason to really swap is to gain size for OS and main programs.
If it's for size only than it's worth it to get larger one.