[SOLVED] Is this superposition score normal for vega 64?

Solution
So i should use different cables for each rail?
Yeah it's nothing to do with the rails though it's simply the cable going to the psu to the gpu.
Some people say it doesnt matter but like I said I've tested it myself with vega and it does have an affect on its clocks.
Other people recommend the same.

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194441/amd-rxvega64-8176-170719
Your bios looks ok, make sure your bios switch is to the left, the right switch is a low power mode, might be stopping your card from boosting to max. The switch is hard to see, above the r in radeon. Another issue with vega boost clocks is you really should undervolt it and put power limit to +50%, runs faster and cooler and don't daisy chain the power cable.

AlwaysReaper

Prominent
Oct 14, 2019
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194441/amd-rxvega64-8176-170719
Your bios looks ok, make sure your bios switch is to the left, the right switch is a low power mode, might be stopping your card from boosting to max. The switch is hard to see, above the r in radeon. Another issue with vega boost clocks is you really should undervolt it and put power limit to +50%, runs faster and cooler and don't daisy chain the power cable.
Wdym don't daisy chain power cable?

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Wdym don't daisy chain power cable?
So a daisy chain is like where it's a single cable to 8 pin, then more cable and a second 8 pin. In theory it should work just fine but it can slightly hinder boost clocks. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tested it myself. Think it's something to do with the cable getting hotter and increasing resistance. Trust me though vega wont reach max boost clocks till you apply a decent underclock.

AlwaysReaper

Prominent
Oct 14, 2019
So a daisy chain is like where it's a single cable to 8 pin, then more cable and a second 8 pin. In theory it should work just fine but it can slightly hinder boost clocks. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tested it myself. Think it's something to do with the cable getting hotter and increasing resistance. Trust me though vega wont reach max boost clocks till you apply a decent underclock.

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Yeah it's nothing to do with the rails though it's simply the cable going to the psu to the gpu.
Some people say it doesnt matter but like I said I've tested it myself with vega and it does have an affect on its clocks.
Other people recommend the same.

Solution