Question Is this system a bottle neck?

Sagar_20

Distinguished
It's just fine.

It will give you GT 1030 level performance, but you have the advantage of 4 GB VRAM.

If you wish to run newer and more demanding games, you can consider upgrading to RX 560, though for 768p resolution even RX 550 is enough. If needed, it can be OC'd using MSI afterburner.

Aug 16, 2019
It's just fine.

It will give you GT 1030 level performance, but you have the advantage of 4 GB VRAM.

If you wish to run newer and more demanding games, you can consider upgrading to RX 560, though for 768p resolution even RX 550 is enough. If needed, it can be OC'd using MSI afterburner.
When I try to oc the graphics card just even a bit it just makes the whole computer crash

Thermaltake TR2 RX-850AP 850 watts to be exact
Is it 850 watts or 500 watts? You mentioned 500 watts in the previous reply...Either way, that's enough power to overclock an entry-level card such as the RX 550, so the problem lies somewhere else. The TR2 is horrible quality, but an RX 550 doesn't really need anything exceptional anyway, which is probably why your system is working fine till now - if you ever plan on upgrading the GPU, get a better PSU first if you don't want any component to get damaged.

Aug 16, 2019
Is it 850 watts or 500 watts? You mentioned 500 watts in the previous reply...Either way, that's enough power to overclock an entry-level card such as the RX 550, so the problem lies somewhere else. The TR2 is horrible quality, but an RX 550 doesn't really need anything exceptional anyway, which is probably why your system is working fine till now - if you ever plan on upgrading the GPU, get a better PSU first if you don't want any component to get damaged.
Yeah thats what someone told me about my PSU I just don't have the money to replace it right now and its 850 watts i didn't know so i thought it was 500 watts

I'm using MSI afterburner and im on the latest drivers but the bios isnot on the latest because I don't know how to update it
You need to put the latest BIOS on an empty flash drive, then go into your BIOS with that flash drive plugged in, and find the update option in the BIOS. It will then find the BIOS files on your USB drive once you select it, and will update the BIOS, during which you should leave the computer absolutely untouched, because interrupting a BIOS update can brick the motherboard. It's a fairly straightforward process, just make sure the USB is empty(even that is not necessary on most motherboards as far as I know, most of them can detect BIOS files even with other files in the USB), and don't stop the BIOS updation in the middle.

Aug 16, 2019
You need to put the latest BIOS on an empty flash drive, then go into your BIOS with that flash drive plugged in, and find the update option in the BIOS. It will then find the BIOS files on your USB drive once you select it, and will update the BIOS, during which you should leave the computer absolutely untouched, because interrupting a BIOS update can brick the motherboard. It's a fairly straightforward process, just make sure the USB is empty(even that is not necessary on most motherboards as far as I know, most of them can detect BIOS files even with other files in the USB), and don't stop the BIOS updation in the middle.
The file for the zip file is a zip do i just extract it on to the usb?

Aug 16, 2019
Boot the PC normally, plug in the USB, right-click on the USB drive in Windows Explorer, click Format, then 'Start' in the dialog box.
Showed the usb after I formatted it but then i tried using m flash but didnt work then tried to use the original bios flash and the usb stopped popping up