Question is this system compatible and upgradable?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skytech-...-8GB-DDR4-500GB-SSD-Windows-10-Home/704306361
it says that there is a B350 motherboard in there but the reviews say that the one they got was the A320M. I'd like to what issues i might face if i get the PC with A320M and what issues will there be if i decide to upgrade my RAM, by adding another 8gb stick in the A320M

Adding the second DIMM should get you dual channel memory support but if it's not the same memory you may be forced to a lower clock speed.

If you get an A320 motherboard you can't overclock and you can't put a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU in it. But if the system specs say it's supposed to be a B350 chipset, and you believe the review that says it comes with an A320, there's a bigger problem with false advertising. I'd steer clear of it and any system that's sold under false pretenses.

May 5, 2019
all the reviews say the rtx2060 is there and most reviews are positive. if i were to add a second DIMM, does it need to be of the same brand or just the same speed as the other ddr4?

all the reviews say the rtx2060 is there and most reviews are positive. if i were to add a second DIMM, does it need to be of the same brand or just the same speed as the other ddr4?

It really should be an exact match, the kind of match that mfr's assure by putting together the two-stick kits of matched memory. But then, I think that memory is 'only' 2400 so it might not matter that much. Another thing to consider is dual-channel doesn't get you nearly as much performance as clock speed so I wouldn't go chasing two sticks unless you had to have 16gb memory.

Oh and I disagree about memory speed: if you DO go looking for a 16gb kit try for 2933Mtps memory as that's what 2600 CPU's are rated for.

IF they sold the system as what it is it might not be a bad deal, memory aside, because of the processor and especially the GPU...oh and the case is pretty cool too. But I simply can't get beyond the fact the ad lies about the motherboard chipset.

TRENDING THREADS