Is this system good enough for the price?

allunteri

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Have been looking for a second hand PC mainly for schoolwork (solidworks, AutoCad, etc) but also for gaming. I'm on a tight budget at the moment, but will upgrade parts when necessary. This system sells for 370€ and just wondering if it's a good pick?

- Intel Core i5-4460 (Boxed, Haswell)
- MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G Twin Frozr V
- AsRock B85M Pro4 (mATX, LGA 1150)
- Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 4 GB (DDR3, 1600 Mhz, CL10)
- Antec SONATA II Piano Black -case
- Corsair cx400w - 400W ATX-psu
- Samsung SSD EVO 120GB

My plan is to try out the PC as it currently is and if I feel like I'm limited by the CPU, Ram or GPU I'll upgrade them later on. Just wondering if the motherboard is worth keeping if I upgrade parts in the future or is it lacking any important features or the like?

Solution
the linked chieftekc is a bit better than CX400.
but anyway, when you get this PC, the things that are worth upgrade are:
1. The PSU is you keep the CX400
2. The GPU something like GTX 1060 or even GTX 1070 depending on your monitor.
3. The case - this Antec is not really built for gaming systems - not enough airflow.
4. May be RAM to 16GB.
5. Larger SSD

There is no need to change the CPU/MB. for the next couple of years they are fine.

allunteri

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
My current PC, which I will be selling, has this PSU: http://www.chieftec.eu/sr/podrka/archive/98-cft-600-14cs-600watt-kabelmanagement.html. I was thinking about swapping them since it should be enough for my current PC (i5 650, GTX 660, ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D (LGA1156)) or did I do the math wrong? Or is the PSU I linked even better than the Corsair cx400w?

the linked chieftekc is a bit better than CX400.
but anyway, when you get this PC, the things that are worth upgrade are:
1. The PSU is you keep the CX400
2. The GPU something like GTX 1060 or even GTX 1070 depending on your monitor.
3. The case - this Antec is not really built for gaming systems - not enough airflow.
4. May be RAM to 16GB.
5. Larger SSD

There is no need to change the CPU/MB. for the next couple of years they are fine.

Solution

allunteri

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

2. Definitely going to replace the GTX 960 once I get the money saved up. My monitor is 1080p, so I'll most likely go with GTX 1060.
3. Will definitely monitor the temperatures. Will get a better case if necessary.
4. RAM has been high on my upgrade list, so most likely will add more of it later on.
5. Meh, too expensive for storage, will get a 1TB HDD instead and install the OS and most commonly used programs on the current SSD.

Thanks for your reply, helped to clarify things!

TRENDING THREADS