Question Is this temp normal or am I misreading it?

Hey, just finished building a pc, 7 2700x 16 gb 3333mz, 5700xt, h115i, and want to confirm whether this temp I see here is normal? Cheers!
Which of the many temperature readings do you mean?

I'd suggest getting HWInfo64 as it's proven the most reliable for Ryzen systems and is frequently updated. You can compare what HWInfo is telling you to what iCue is telling you to see how reliable it is... and maybe corelate some of those many 'TEMP' readings to what the device actually is.

Hey thanks for the reply! Im refering to the 85.4 in the first screenshot. Will do, but still dunno if its acceptable :)

If that's a true, steady state, package temp. for the CPU while idle I'd be more than a little nervous.

Ryzen boosting is very bursty and you get temp spikes during a burst. In HWInfo look for something called TDie/Tctl. That's the true, correct temperature of the CPU die reported by the CPU in telemetry and the one you want to look at. Set it up to graph and monitor it for a while, you'll see the spikes and ramping down.

avioncumotor

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
Yup, or I am not checking what I should? Did I mention i'm a complete novice in this? :)

Well also according to my CPU RGB it should turn red if it's overheating, which it hasn't :D

Yup, or I am not checking what I should? Did I mention i'm a complete novice in this? :)

Well also according to my CPU RGB it should turn red if it's overheating, which it hasn't :D
Yeah, you're looking at the wrong area of HWINfo.

Look in the area called "CPU [#0]: Ryzen 7 2700X: Enhanced" and look for "CPU (TCTL) and CPU(TDie)". Those are the temps you should look at. As I said, select those to graph and monitor for a while.

Oh wow, even i shouldn't be allowed to be that stupid...

Here is the CPU temp:

View: https://imgur.com/huIvxy9
Those temps do not look bad at all.

A bit of explanation on what you're seeing: Tdie and Tctl are related with TCtl being offset from TDie by 10 degrees. That's purely mathematical: the TRUE die temperature, the temperature you should worry about most, is TDie.

TCtl was offset that way to give cooling solutions a bit of a head start for cooling the CPU. Crazy, but yeah. Just look at TDie.

The next most important temperature is a little lower; Temp for VRMos. That's the temperature of your VRM FET's and if it's getting up to something over 90C in a heavy processing load that's too hot and you need better air flow over the VRM area.

Thank you, Not to take anything away from your answer, my brain switched off a bit after you saying it's not bad :D

Now that I own a PC after about 12 years I need to get up to speed and make sure I monitor over time.

Here is thing that caused white hairs for the past month:

View: https://imgur.com/KX0KCOQ

Appreciate all the answers!!
Nice looking system.

I'd mount the radiator fans in a 'pull' mode, through the radiator and into the case, but I suppose that's done to facilitate RGB effects from the case front. And it might not really matter for cooling either :)

One thing though: don't count all as great and good just yet. If you've not yet you need to put a right and proper stressy load on the CPU for a couple hours to see if it's cooling well enough to turn your back on it for 24/7 use. Check both CPU and that VRMos temperature. If you load up the GPU too, making it toasty hot, that makes the test even more complete.