Question Is this the 4K DVD Player I need ?

jam101797

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
Hey lads, just need help clarifying that this is what I want. Link to the DVD player here: https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Player-Premium-Playback-Hi-Res/dp/B08T252MCJ/ref=sr_1_2?ascsubtag=trd-us-1406460665297576000-20&geniuslink=true&keywords=Reavon+UBR-X100&qid=1676743677&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.304cacc1-b508-45fb-a37f-a2c47c48c32f

I bought some 4K UHD movies that I thought my current DVD player could support but I was wrong.

I just have a few questions about whether or not this is correct. I am only finding 4K players that are designated as Blu-ray but the CDs I have are designated as 4K Ultra HD and there is no mention of Blu-ray. So I want to make sure this is the type of player that will actually work for me. From my understanding the first stages of Blu-ray and UHD technology were developed exclusive with and in-competition with each other.

I also have an OLED tv and I would like a player that supports it, but I'm not sure if it falls under the 3 HDR formats this player supports which are: HDR10+, HDR10, and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)

Also I'm assuming the 1080p video capture resolution is only for recording things on the player, if that is not the case then please let me know.

There is no such thing as a 4k DVD player. At all. Ever. Ever ever ever ever.

You need an Ultra HD blue ray player. Not a "regular" Blue Ray player. An "Ultra HD blue ray player". Those are the only players that can play 4k discs. And while it should be obvious, I'll also just throw out there, in case, that you also have to have a 4k TV as well.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

jam101797

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
There is no such thing as a 4k DVD player. At all. Ever. Ever ever ever ever.

You need an Ultra HD blue ray player. Not a "regular" Blue Ray player. An "Ultra HD blue ray player". Those are the only players that can play 4k discs. And while it should be obvious, I'll also just throw out there, in case, that you also have to have a 4k TV as well.
So... is this the player I want or not?