[SOLVED] Is this the best bang for my buck?

Feb 20, 2019
Im getting a new PC for my birthday next month and want to know if this system is the best deal I can get.

I DO NOT WANT AMD GPU, so if the GPU isnt a cheaper Nvidia then please do not include it in any possible changes.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($33.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design - Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.27 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $637.21

Solution
Good that you have an old drive with some storage space, that will certainly help. Yes, steam libraries can be defined within the app itself and it will recognize them without reinstall.

You certainly can upgrade RAM in the future, just make sure you get identical sticks.
A solid system overall. Cannot tell if this is the best bang for buck, but is most certainly is a very good bang for buck.

A few recommendations:

• get 16GB of memory instead of 8, since 8 is now bare minimum for gaming
  • 240GB SSD is fine if you also get a large HDD to store media files, installations, videos, photos and such. Otherwise, 512GB would be the minimum, with 1TB preferred.

Everything else looks good.

Feb 20, 2019
A solid system overall. Cannot tell if this is the best bang for buck, but is most certainly is a very good bang for buck.

A few recommendations:

• get 16GB of memory instead of 8, since 8 is now bare minimum for gaming
  • 240GB SSD is fine if you also get a large HDD to store media files, installations, videos, photos and such. Otherwise, 512GB would be the minimum, with 1TB preferred.
Everything else looks good.

Well this is already over my max budget of 600$ to be honest. I would love to have 16gb but maybe I can upgrade in the future?

Also I currently have a 500gb HDD that Ill be using from my old system with all my files already backed up and ready to go. I wont even have to reinstall games I dont believe unless a new system wouldnt allow steam to just discover my existing game files.

Good that you have an old drive with some storage space, that will certainly help. Yes, steam libraries can be defined within the app itself and it will recognize them without reinstall.

You certainly can upgrade RAM in the future, just make sure you get identical sticks.

Solution