Is This the New, Even Thinner MacBook Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
If it ends up to be Core 2, forget it.
Because all the batteries in the Air won't power a 3 year old Core 2 as long as they could power an i3. Also, the i3 is faster.

G

How hot do these MacBook Air laptops get? Im just curious, cause my five year old iBook G4 1.2GHz can get 65c with heavy use, if i leave at auto-fan.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Now with even less features?

That's what I want, a laptop that doesn't even have a damn disc drive. Or expansion slots of any type. Except 2 USB ports. Score.

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]theoutbound[/nom]Wow, a refresh with no updated hardware and missing features. Oh, Steve let me suckle at your magical and innovative teat.[/citation]
Amen to that!

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
ipod touch = $ netbook, ipad = $ notebook, macbook air = $ high end notbook, macbook = $ high end PC, MAC PC = $ Cutting edge, water-cooled, top of the line, performance PC.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Is This the New, Even Thinner MacBook Air that not even fanboys will buy just like the 1st gen?

Fixed your title for you...you're welcome. Seriously though I don't think anyone is saying to themselves "you know I was really wanting a 1st gen Air, but I'm holding out until they make it .05 mm thinner!"

G

No HDMI, no card slots, no built in high end gpu, not worth $1200. I can buy a core i7 notebook that'll eat this thing for lunch and still have money to buy an extra battery and games. Can we have more than just good ole' usb 2.0 expansion? I saturate my usb3.0 daily along with my Sata3.0 spec connections.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]If it ends up to be Core 2, forget it.Because all the batteries in the Air won't power a 3 year old Core 2 as long as they could power an i3. Also, the i3 is faster.[/citation]
Wrong. Core i3 is not faster than mobile C2D. Core i3 is like a retarded Celeron. It's horribly slow, and only a fool would choose it over a C2D.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]shuffman37[/nom]No HDMI, no card slots, no built in high end gpu, not worth $1200. I can buy a core i7 notebook that'll eat this thing for lunch and still have money to buy an extra battery and games. Can we have more than just good ole' usb 2.0 expansion? I saturate my usb3.0 daily along with my Sata3.0 spec connections.[/citation]
Please say this is a joke. I mean, you can't possibly be that clueless. Can you? Oh wait... you're a Windows user.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Wrong. Core i3 is not faster than mobile C2D. Core i3 is like a retarded Celeron. It's horribly slow, and only a fool would choose it over a C2D.[/citation]

An i3 is indeed faster than any C2D of the same clock speed. I'm afraid it's you who's mistaken.

[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Please say this is a joke. I mean, you can't possibly be that clueless. Can you? Oh wait... you're a Windows user.[/citation]

Nah he just prefers to pay $1200 for a laptop that can actually do something and that also probably has a chance of staying cool. Plus this has no extras on it.

Thin laptops are probably only good for well word and browsing the web which then you can get a netbook for 1/4 of the price that does the same thing, uses less power and outputs more heat.

I swear. Even larger laptops get very warm with meh air flow. Thic one looks like it can barley hold a fan. Can't wait to see all the people with burnt legs, cuz there is an app for that.

Necromas

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
There's a point where getting thinner/lighter/showoffier isn't worth increasing cost and sacrificing features/performance/practicality.

I just don't see it being worth it. I also see a lot of people jumping on it without thinking ahead, expecting it to be able to perform like a normal laptop, and ending up disappointed.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Can't wait to see all the people with burnt legs, cuz there is an app for that.[/citation]
Plus, they have to pay for it... :lol:

That's freakin' hilarious!

G

[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Please say this is a joke. I mean, you can't possibly be that clueless. Can you? Oh wait... you're a Windows user.[/citation]
Windows user? I happen to use Ubuntu explicitly unless I want to play a Direct x10 or better game, thats where Windows 7 jumps in on my Phenom ii x4 965, Gtx460 rig that I happen to have build myself. Clueless? Try and hook that notebook up to a tv or do any kind kind of realistic upgrades, you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.