[SOLVED] Is this the PCIE wifi card or the motherboard?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I need a new wifi card since my old one works but it is highly unstable. I got this new wifi card called the PCE AX58BT. It works but every 2 minutes it kicks me off the internet. It gives me better ping in all my games but it is useless if it causes me to crash. The motherboard is a Asus Rog Strix z270e. It is quite old. It comes with built in wifi and the built in wifi is the only thing that works. Is this board just too old for this PCIe card? Are the slots just bad? Is this motherboard just only compatible with the built in wifi card so any PCIe wifi card I use just won't work?

Solution
Is there something wrong with my motherboard PCI lanes? Is the card out dated for the bios? Do motherboards favor the built in card cause I have always had issues with PCIe wifi cards. Why would me plugging in this card turn off everyones wifi in the house?

There shoudl be and again the Z270 platform is modern in terms of computer so theres nothing outdated with your system in terms of compatibility.

As far as issues with the onboard wifi, It shouldn't matter, but you can disable it via the Device Manager. Just find the onboard wifi device in the list under network adapters and disable it. I dont know why it is disabling everyone else wifi though. Again I would make sure you have the latest drivers available installed on...

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I got a PCIe wifi card called the PCE AX58BT. It is from Asus. I got it because the built in wifi on my Asus Rog Strix z270e is just slow. When I used this card, it works for 2 minutes before the wifi throughout the entire house just disconnects EVERYONE in the house. Is my motherboard just old so it can't handle this PCIe wifi card? Is there a reason why everyone in my house gets disconnected from the wifi when I use this wifi card? Is there a reason why this motherboard is only stable with the built in wifi even though this built in wifi is old and slow?

I need a new wifi card since my old one works but it is highly unstable. I got this new wifi card called the PCE AX58BT. It works but every 2 minutes it kicks me off the internet. It gives me better ping in all my games but it is useless if it causes me to crash. The motherboard is a Asus Rog Strix z270e. It is quite old. It comes with built in wifi and the built in wifi is the only thing that works. Is this board just too old for this PCIe card? Are the slots just bad? Is this motherboard just only compatible with the built in wifi card so any PCIe wifi card I use just won't work?

A Z270 board isn't really old. If you havent already tried I would start by installing the latest driver verion for the wifi card https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCE-AX58BT/HelpDesk_Download/

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
Is there something wrong with my motherboard PCI lanes? Is the card out dated for the bios? Do motherboards favor the built in card cause I have always had issues with PCIe wifi cards. Why would me plugging in this card turn off everyones wifi in the house?

There shoudl be and again the Z270 platform is modern in terms of computer so theres nothing outdated with your system in terms of compatibility.

As far as issues with the onboard wifi, It shouldn't matter, but you can disable it via the Device Manager. Just find the onboard wifi device in the list under network adapters and disable it. I dont know why it is disabling everyone else wifi though. Again I would make sure you have the latest drivers available installed on your computer and not rely on Windows to find them. The link I provided has the official ASUS drivers. After you install them restart you computer and

Reactions: Yoiji
Solution