Is this the right monitor for me?

G

Hi all,

I am looking for a monitor that will fit my needs. I have researched around and am trying to find a proper balance between my needs for work and also hobby.

I am considering this monitor and will eventually get a total of 2:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294&cm_re=pb278q-_-24-236-294-_-Product

I will be using this monitor a lot for software development, increasing more photo editing and 3d modeling/digital art, and gaming.

Game examples: Skyrim, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Rift, WoW, BF4, CS:GO, Farcry 3, League, etc.

I do not get to play games as often as I'd like anymore, so my gladiator days I'm afraid are most likely over. That said, I still want a good monitor without having to worry about tears, etc. but do not play twitch gaming. I would rather enjoy the colors and settings now a days and have a clear text for when working.

I am currently running 2 gtx 285's in sli (yikes) and a 1680 x 1050 60hz monitor, but plan on getting a gtx 770 soon before the second monitor, which will only be used when really working, not even when gaming for anything to hold me over before my next big build, then this one will be used for just software dev and digital art.

I'm just looking for some opinions and am still open to suggestions. Thanks!

Nolce

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Do you already have speakers, or even headphones? If so, this monitor is a waste of money. At the same price, you can get a better Dell,Samsung,AOC or BenQ monitor