Is this too good to be true? (i5-6600k Overclocking)

Solution
Those temps are not at load. Try running prime 95. If you don't crash see what the temps are then. Or even play a video game that demands a lot of cpu. Then see what the temps are. Temps at idle mean nothing. It is when you put stress on it that counts as high temps.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Those temps are not at load. Try running prime 95. If you don't crash see what the temps are then. Or even play a video game that demands a lot of cpu. Then see what the temps are. Temps at idle mean nothing. It is when you put stress on it that counts as high temps.

Solution

PotatoChez

Commendable
Apr 6, 2017

http://prntscr.com/ffzmqk

What about these?

urbancamper

Distinguished
What are you using to keep it cool?

Your not proving anything there. No way in hell can you run that cpu at full load with that overclock fully stressed at those temps. It is not even showing your true clock speeds. I run the same processor. I know what it can do. I also know what temps it runs at and 4.6ghz would be running around 70c at full load. In addition to that if you where to stress test it with a proper tool such as prime 95, the temps would climb above 70c.

So go bs someplace else. Or maybe show the true #s. Unless of course you don't know how to do that.

TehPenguin

Honorable
May 12, 2016
Something isn't right in that hardware monitor. Try installing CPU-Z and see what it says. Also: to test temperatures you have to run software like prime95 for at least 30 mins. Just 30 seconds will tell you nothing.

urbancamper

Distinguished

Did you bother reading my post? Your just repeating what I said. Also cpuz tells you almost nothing. It will tell the current speed and the current vcore. It will not however tell you what you need to know in terms of duration of whatever test he is using(none that I can tell), the amount heat at load, the vcore at load, the speed at load, ect. Though you are right in saying that picture of HWMonitor is off.

My suspicion is that this guy is nothing but a troll.

I run the same cpu. I know what it is capable of.

urbancamper

Distinguished
That is obvious. Why do you think I called him on his crap. You have not seen any replies from him since.

Who knows maybe he took MY suggestion on prime 95.