is this too high?

executor

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
i have an AMD Athlon XP 1700+ and a Soyo Dragon plus Mobo. my idle cpu temp is 51C and 39C system temp in BIOS. is this ok? ambient temp is 30C. i have a swiftech mcxc370 hsf...

"...the beauty of the curve, the female anatomy says it all."

cellbiogeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Pooba and others will tell you that the full load temp is the only temp which is important. In any case, if you are experiencing random lock-ups then, yes, its too high. If you don't notice any problems then don't worry.

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
As Cellbiogeek says, as long as you can run without problems it's ok. But maybe it is a good idea to check airflow. Open the case and run the computer. Are temps significantly better? Then you can improve your the airflow. Just check no cost or cheap ways around the net (rounding cables, extra fan, etc.)

This will prevent the computer functionallity when the summer comes, and also it is always better to run the CPU cooler.

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

executor

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
i opened the case. it dropped to 43C cpu temp and 33C system temp. maybe i got a bad airflow in my case... by the way, does the BIOS temperature monitoring accurate? do you have any idea on what is the maximum watts does the CPU Radiates?

"...the beauty of the curve, the female anatomy says it all."

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the bios is accurate, the soyo board uses the diode built into the chip so you can be sure its accurate. i have the same setup as you and my temps are closer to what your getting with the case open, you should get some case fans, at least two. but if your not ocing, you have nothing to worry about.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

TRENDING THREADS