[SOLVED] Is this too hot im kinda worried?

Feb 26, 2020
I use a HP Omen 15 and temps get as high as 97 degrees C Should i be worried about this i do light to heavy games and on command centre the temp goes orange instead of green

Solution
Yes, that's a pretty high temp. It becomes orange as a warning that it's getting too high, and I'd assume it turns red when temps are at a damage-causing critical.

Get yourself a cooling pad! I have the same laptop, and this pad does wonders for keeping temperatures out of dangerous heights. Comes with:
  • 4 fans, 2 of which blow directly into the bottom intake ports of the laptop
  • Lifted-back design for better airflow and wrist comfort, with front stoppers to keep it from falling off
  • USB power, with 2 USB ports. This helps in 2 ways. First, you wont need a bulky AC adapter to power it, it plugs straight into the laptop USB port, with the included 1' cable. Secondly, it has two USB ports on the cooler. That...
Yes, that's a pretty high temp. It becomes orange as a warning that it's getting too high, and I'd assume it turns red when temps are at a damage-causing critical.

Get yourself a cooling pad! I have the same laptop, and this pad does wonders for keeping temperatures out of dangerous heights. Comes with:
  • Lifted-back design for better airflow and wrist comfort, with front stoppers to keep it from falling off
  • USB power, with 2 USB ports. This helps in 2 ways. First, you wont need a bulky AC adapter to power it, it plugs straight into the laptop USB port, with the included 1' cable. Secondly, it has two USB ports on the cooler. That way, you're not losing any USB space by plugging the cooler in. It compensates for this with an extra port (I had my mouse plugged into it, worked just fine)

Solution
97°C is too hot yes. How long does it stay at 97°C?
At those high temps the system should start to throttle down the cpu speed to lower them.

How old is this notebook?
Are you playing on a table? Is there room around for the laptop to breath?

Feb 26, 2020

• USB power, with 2 USB ports. This helps in 2 ways. First, you wont need a bulky AC adapter to power it, it plugs straight into the laptop USB port, with the included 1' cable. Secondly, it has two USB ports on the cooler. That way, you're not losing any USB space by plugging the cooler in. It compensates for this with an extra port (I had my mouse plugged into it, worked just fine)
thank you so much i just needed to know if it was danger lvl temps

Does that actually work? I’ve read elsewhere claiming these cooling pads do nothing.

Does that actually work? I’ve read elsewhere claiming these cooling pads do nothing.

Definitely works! Some don't however. The first pad I tried had 3 fans, none of which had direct intake into the laptop fans. Didn't cool all that great, but the one I linked above does. The thing to keep in mind is that they don't have the performance of a standard attached cooler. You wont be seeing 60C max temps at full load, but you also wont be reaching critical levels either. Make sure your laptop has bottom air intake (using this on a laptop that has side intakes is completely redundant and def wont work) and that whichever pad you use has fans in locations that match those intakes.

Reactions: sizzling
Definitely works! Some don't however. The first pad I tried had 3 fans, none of which had direct intake into the laptop fans. Didn't cool all that great, but the one I linked above does. The thing to keep in mind is that they don't have the performance of a standard attached cooler. You wont be seeing 60C max temps at full load, but you also wont be reaching critical levels either. Make sure your laptop has bottom air intake (using this on a laptop that has side intakes is completely redundant and def wont work) and that whichever pad you use has fans in locations that match those intakes.
Ok thanks. For £20 I will try that one as my laptop does have bottom intakes on both sides.

Feb 26, 2020

Thank you so much! i got the pad and my laptop dropped about 10 - 20 degrees while gaming! :)

Reactions: DrummerManSpike