Is this too hot?

ednev

Honorable
Jun 4, 2018
Today I bought a gtx 1060 6gb and I ran some stress tests to see if it was working well and it hit 83 degrees Celsius. Is this normal my old card 1050 ti only hit 72 in 3 months of owning it. Is 83 degrees too hot?

There is no oc
My card gtx 1060 6gb zotac mini
My case has 3 fans
Also I have noticed although the gpu is getting hot the fan only reaches 60% but it is on auto should I set it to 85% all the time?

Solution
You are good.
Graphics cards run hot, but they are built to do so.
A gpu will target about 80c as the operating temperature and run as strong as it can and still be in that range.

You can help with good cooling setup in your case.
Use two strong front intake fans.
Whatever comes in the front will exit somewhere taking gpu and cpu heat with it.
Do note that a stress test is designed to put the highest amount of stress possible on the card.

Gaming usually does not come anywhere close to maxing out a card, especially if you are using v-sync or a related technology.

A much more realistic test would be to run 3dmark or even just play one of your favorite games and have gpu-z or Afterburner record temperatures.

I use afterburner to limit my 1060s to 70°C.

You are good.
Graphics cards run hot, but they are built to do so.
A gpu will target about 80c as the operating temperature and run as strong as it can and still be in that range.

You can help with good cooling setup in your case.
Use two strong front intake fans.
Whatever comes in the front will exit somewhere taking gpu and cpu heat with it.

Solution

Scott_130

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 29, 2016
That temperature is average. The safety limit for a 1060 is 94 C So you should be fine.
Stress tests are built to eat the card which is going to consume a lot more power and create heat. Under gaming it shouldn't be like that as i doubt most titles released now are gonna stress the 1060 that much.

TRENDING THREADS