[SOLVED] Is this upgrade worth the Investment?

Ttesar06

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Current system

i5 2500k @3.3 ghz (4.3 boost)
p8z67-v gen / 3 motherboard
16 gb corsair vengeance ddr3 @ 1600mhz
Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb

Wondering if this setup is worth the investment from a pure gaming standpoint or if there are better options out there. i plan to mainly do 1080p with maybe some 1440 in the furture if i find a good deal on a 1440p monitor. im fine with 75 fps which is what my current monitor is. (1080p 24" 75hz amd freesync) Any input / critiques are much appreciated.

I figure i can get $70 for my existing ram
140 for the video card
and maybe 150 for the motherboard processor if im lucky.

The RTX 2060 in the link is just one i threw in there. im not sure which model is best to go with yet so i just tossed it in as a place holder. i was leaning towards the Founders Edition straight from Nvidia.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gfJVQZ

Solution
If youre happy with your current setup and its performing as you need it to i would stick with it for now.

See how you feel about it in the summer when Ryzen launch their Zen2 chips which should be a significant increase in performance over the current line up.
If youre happy with your current setup and its performing as you need it to i would stick with it for now.

See how you feel about it in the summer when Ryzen launch their Zen2 chips which should be a significant increase in performance over the current line up.

Solution