Is this uprage viable

kanwalnoor

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
My current specs are:
G4400
8gb ram
Gt 1030
Should I upgrade my cpu to g4560 and will it give a boost in performance. Pls help

Solution
You will get a boost in cpu performance from two aspects.

1. Your thread count goes from 2 to 4.
2. Your single thread performance will go up by perhaps 5%

Is that worth it??
Only YOU can decide.

My take would be to shoot for something a bit stronger like a G4620 or i3-7100.

Also consider that for gaming, upgrading a Gt 1030 might be more effective.
You will get a boost in cpu performance from two aspects.

1. Your thread count goes from 2 to 4.
2. Your single thread performance will go up by perhaps 5%

Is that worth it??
Only YOU can decide.

My take would be to shoot for something a bit stronger like a G4620 or i3-7100.

Also consider that for gaming, upgrading a Gt 1030 might be more effective.

Solution
Why are you upgrading? You have two components which each might limit you, but in different ways. The CPU limits you when running something that demands more than 2 cores/2 threads. The 1030 limits you in games that demand something like a 1050 as a minimum in videocard power. There are also games, like PUBG, which will be limited by both.

Right now you have what I'd consider a budget esports gaming computer. As long as you stick to the games it can run you'll do alright. If you want to run more demanding games then you will need to change at least one of those components and possibly both.

For CPU upgrade only, I wouldn't move up to anything less than an i5 at this point in time.

1) what make and model of motherboard do you own. G4400 can be run on a B150, H170 or Z170 or Z270 as well, depending on what motherboard you have you may want to skip further Gxxx generation and move to an I5 cpu instead.
2) upgrading your system to a I5 will improve load and action but your GT 1030 will limit your gaming experience to low end games. but if that is what you play then your set, if your hoping upgrading your CPU to play AAA titles then your upgrade is pointless. and you should spent the money on a GTX 1050ti instead.