Is this VA Panel 144hz 1ms good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Va is the best but that's just my opinion. No ips glow. Much higher contrast which is the biggest factor in looking the best. Wide gamut and good accuracy. It's the slowest of the bunch but any other spec is to va's advantage when it comes to gaming. 27" 1080p is not what I'd recommend. What is your budget?
Va is the best but that's just my opinion. No ips glow. Much higher contrast which is the biggest factor in looking the best. Wide gamut and good accuracy. It's the slowest of the bunch but any other spec is to va's advantage when it comes to gaming. 27" 1080p is not what I'd recommend. What is your budget?

Solution

Ramzyy

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2016

Around 300-350euro

Ramzyy

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2016

Can you tell me what' so bad about the monitor?

Apr 28, 2018

Eh, I got a 28" @1080p and 22" @1080p sitting on my desk. So, I figured I'd measure how close I need to get to see the "big ugly pixels".
28" screen = ~10.5" away
22" screen = ~8.5" away

Firstly, that's way too close to the monitor anyways, my optician recommends at least twice that.
Secondly, that ~2" (or 5cm) difference is minuscule.
Thirdly, I've been using 28" @1080p for a couple of years now, and I got no problem recommending it. In games, it just feels much more immersive.
But if you're running a multi monitor setup, just make sure you don't run out of table. Take some measurements beforehand. I didn't. Had to get creative with the third display. Oh, I can also recommend turning one of your displays to portrait mode, very good for reading text heavy pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.