Is this what I need?

cruizrisner

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I wil be getting an HP Pavillion a6750t and it will have 64bit vista home premium with an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 processor with 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard Drive. I will be taking college courses for web design. I will need Adobe Dreamweaver and possibly photoshop and flash. I will also install an IDE and JDK for programming purposes. Plus a compiler and other large applications. Im not saying I will be running all at once but are my system specs good enough to run fast and efficiently?

vengeancevendor

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
you will deffinitely need Ps and Fl...like...master them...
but...first thing's first: not enough hdd...add some more...even if only for storage purpose...you should havethe 500GB HDD split smth like this:
-60 giga for the system partition
-40 fo' the temp partition(environment variables-edit the line temp and designate the partition)...you'll have a network connection...and for other reasons too...so instead of searchin and clearing all the "temp files", you format the partition whenever you have a virus or it's full...temporary *** will not go into your system...
-the rest for the installed apps and scratch disk of adobe apps...page file, other sys requirements
for warranty issues add 1TB SATA external disk
CPU is a fast one...RAM should be enough, you're running a 64 bit vista, so it will be real 4 GB of sys memory...
you will have more than one app open at the same time almost allways...
if you have the money...go and construct one more powerfull...if not, this will be a more than decent machine to start off...
good luck