[SOLVED] Is upgrading my ram worth it?

Feb 28, 2021
So i have recently got some fps spikes.
And i think my RAM is the problem because its only 667 mhz. But is it really?
Specs:
AMD fx 8350
Asrock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard
Radeon RX 480
2x4GB 667mhz RAM

Solution
To answer your question...
No, upgrading your ram is not worth it.

The problem with FX8350 is slow per core performance.
Particularly with a low end motherboard that is not designed to run a FX-8xxx processor well. Faster ram will hardly help at all.

I would not spend another dime for anything on a on a FX system that can not be carried forward to a new build.

Just consider that today, for <$250, you can upgrade to a processor like a i3-10100 that is twice as fast, a lga1200 motherboard, and 16gb of ddr4 ram.
Feb 28, 2021
Again, there's no such thing as DDR3 667 RAM.

What is the RAM supposed to be? And are you positive about 573? That's a rather odd clock rate if true.
When i go into like a game it stays at 573.3mhz/573.7mhz in CPU-Z. And in Task Manager it says its now 533...
Is my RAM like broken?

To answer your question...
No, upgrading your ram is not worth it.

The problem with FX8350 is slow per core performance.
Particularly with a low end motherboard that is not designed to run a FX-8xxx processor well. Faster ram will hardly help at all.

I would not spend another dime for anything on a on a FX system that can not be carried forward to a new build.

Just consider that today, for <$250, you can upgrade to a processor like a i3-10100 that is twice as fast, a lga1200 motherboard, and 16gb of ddr4 ram.

Solution
Feb 28, 2021
Are you actually reading any of the responses?

DDR stands for double-data rate. If it's showing up at 533, you have DDR3-1066, which was a common clock for low-end DDR3 RAM. What clock rate is your RAM supposed to have?
I dont know what its supposed to have, because i got a combo deal : Ram Cooler Motherboard CPU. And when i asked him where he got the ram from he said 'from another pc build'

DSzymborski

Titan
I dont know what its supposed to have, because i got a combo deal : Ram Cooler Motherboard CPU. And when i asked him where he got the ram from he said 'from another pc build'

Well, not much advice to give without knowing what your hardware is. I can't say if it's 1066 RAM functioning properly or 1333/1600 RAM not without knowing that. Buying hardware without actually finding out what you're buying makes these kind of diagnoses tricky! Hopefully you didn't pay very much.