Question Is upgrading the motherboard on a Lenovo T530 90L300FDMW possible?

May 31, 2020
Hey, I'm new here and I had a question.
I bought this pc in january and I recently have started to go tight on space left for games etc. and I wanted to install a new ssd when I realized that the one m.2 slot I wanted to use for a new ssd I bought was occupied by a wireless network card, and I was wondering if anyone here knows if upgrading the motherboard would be possible and link a good motherboard with 3 m.2 slots included with a WL
AN for a decent price (preferably not over 370 USD)

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
That existing motherboard almost certainly has regular SATA III ports.

No need to look at only an M.2 drive, especially for games. A 2.5" SATA III SSD will do just fine, and be far far cheaper and less hassle than new motherboard+new drive(s).

Reactions: mctrader07
May 31, 2020
That existing motherboard almost certainly has regular SATA III ports.

No need to look at only an M.2 drive, especially for games. A 2.5" SATA III SSD will do just fine, and be far far cheaper and less hassle than new motherboard+new drive(s).
Yea you got a point there, but with my IQ i decided to buy a new m.2 ssd without looking into the computer so I can't use it and I don't know if I should buy a 2.5" or a new MOBO

May 31, 2020
Any possibility of returning the M.2 you bought?
I bought it in match and when I was about to open the packaging I didn't think about if I had to return it so I just opened up the package without any care so it looks pretty beat up and I don't think they will accept it sadly. I have tried selling it to my friends but none of them need it for now.

May 31, 2020
Again, what drives are already in this system, and what is the exact M.2 you bought?

Make/model/size, please.
the ssd I bought was an Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
width22 mm
depth80 mm
height3.5 mm

and I don't quite know what you mean with "drives"

hang-the-9

Titan
Hey, I'm new here and I had a question.
I bought this pc in january and I recently have started to go tight on space left for games etc. and I wanted to install a new ssd when I realized that the one m.2 slot I wanted to use for a new ssd I bought was occupied by a wireless network card, and I was wondering if anyone here knows if upgrading the motherboard would be possible and link a good motherboard with 3 m.2 slots included with a WL
AN for a decent price (preferably not over 370 USD)
T530 is a laptop model unless you have some rare country specific desktop with that model number. You will not be swapping motherboards in that, laptop motherboards are very customized for the case/screen they are made for. You will need a standard SATA drive or the system may have an mSATA slot available. T430 models have a free mSATA slot on them, I don't remember if the T530 does. Plus I don't think the T530 even has a PCIe M.2 slot on it, it's a bit older model and may be before nvme drives were in use. Again assuming this T530 is the laptop model.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS