Question Is upgrading to 1060 3gb a good idea?

Mar 19, 2019
I wanna upgrade my PC, but don't know if a gtx1060 3gb is a good idea considering that I have an i5 3570. My concern is bottlenecking, do you think I should go for gtx960 instead? Money is definitely a factor.

Oct 24, 2015
Gaming on 1080p, mostly RUST
Both 1060 3gb and rx 570 will do the job, the latter being slightly better, get whichever is cheaper in your country, but going for the 6gb and 8gb versions is worth if they aren't much more expensive where you live.
Preferably sapphire for the rx and msi gaming X or zotac for the 1060.

Neither will bottleneck your cpu.

Mar 19, 2019
Both 1060 3gb and rx 570 will do the job, the latter being slightly better, get whichever is cheaper in your country, but going for the 6gb and 8gb versions is worth if they aren't much more expensive where you live.
Preferably sapphire for the rx and msi gaming X or zotac for the 1060.

Neither will bottleneck your cpu.
Thanks a lot, I'm not concerned about them bottlenecking the cpu though, It's the other way around

Oct 24, 2015
Hey man, I got some news. Get the 1060 6gb. Nvidia announced today that they'll enable Ray tracing on gtx's from the 1060 6gb to titan. In April. Owners of those cards will get it as a new version of drivers upgrade.
So it should be working close to rtx (a low to mid range rtx) and it's slightly more pricey than the ones we recommended.
But I think you should get it before they enable that, their prices may go up.

Last edited:

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Hey man, I got some news. Get the 1060 6gb. Nvidia announced today that they'll enable Ray tracing on gtx's from the 1060 6gb to titan. In April. Owners of those cards will get it as a new version of drivers upgrade.
So it should be working close to rtx (a low to mid range rtx) and it's slightly more pricey than the ones we recommended.
But I think you should get it before they enable that, their prices may go up.

Its a much lower end version than what you get with RTX (if that bothers you), and the performance hit is higher than it is on the RTX cards.