[SOLVED] is UPS really necessary ?

Jul 14, 2019
In my area we don't have any power cut issues . It never happened in past 3 years. I know the main purpose of UPS is to provide battery backup for a small amount of time so that we can turn off our pc if main power fails.However my main purpose is to protect my pc from power surges.I want to protect my pc from power surges .My 5 yrd old motherboard just got damaged due to a power surge .Do i really need to buy an UPS ? is there any other ways to protect my pc in case of a power surges in future.

Solution
you can just buy a surge protector if you don't need the added short amount of time a UPS provides.

Its all I use but then my PC is off if I am not using it, so it depends on if yours is always in use or not.

If I know there is going to be a storm around, I unplug PC completely as although i know a surge protector possible save PC, I just prefer to keep the surge protection for unexpected emergencies

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can just buy a surge protector if you don't need the added short amount of time a UPS provides.

Its all I use but then my PC is off if I am not using it, so it depends on if yours is always in use or not.

If I know there is going to be a storm around, I unplug PC completely as although i know a surge protector possible save PC, I just prefer to keep the surge protection for unexpected emergencies

Solution
Jul 14, 2019

can you suggest me a good surge protector ?