[SOLVED] is using corsair h60 on a 12700k possible and is it a good idea?

shaun4work

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
What title says replacing motherboards and cpu to asus tuf z690 and 12700k can i use Corsair H60 water cooler thats in the case and just get a new bracket? would it be smart or worth it? should I just get like a cheap new cpu cooler? edited fixed a word

Solution
The simple answer would be no, don't do it. You should look at a 240mm as the bare minimum or higher when dealing with the 13th Gen Intel i5 and above processors. More surface area is warranted if you work your way up the ladder. Speaking of case, what case are you currently working with?

Lutfij

Titan
The simple answer would be no, don't do it. You should look at a 240mm as the bare minimum or higher when dealing with the 13th Gen Intel i5 and above processors. More surface area is warranted if you work your way up the ladder. Speaking of case, what case are you currently working with?

Reactions: shaun4work
Solution

Lutfij

Titan
The case is old but from what I can see, you should be able to mount a 240mm AIO at the top of the chassis. I think you selected my post as the Best Answer prematurely. If you didn't select my post as the Best Answer by accident, then, thank you for the award!