louietien

Honorable
Mar 21, 2014
Hey guys, I must admit I haven't really been doing much research on the subject, and haven't exactly traced it back to Valorant. But I just need an expert opinion.

My friend notified me recently that he did a malware scan and had a bunch of backdoors, trojans and bitcoin miners on his computer, when I heard, I ran a scan and got the exact same results. The whole bitcoin mining thing reminded me of a thing back in the olden days. Back from CS:GO. I heard about this guy who incorporated a Bitcoin minter into the ESEA Anti-Cheat client, since it was so intrusive. I've also heard that Vanguard is pretty intrusive. It's not to draw any conclusions or anything, I'm just trying to get some answers. Here's the scan report: https://pastebin.com/4C2JXetp

I have a few questions:

Does anybody else think it might be this, or am I just retarded and downloading shady FILES? To add to that question, my friend who did the scan in the first place says he is very careful with what he clicks on.

Should I take any action? I've obviously quarantined and removed the threats, but should I be changing passwords etc.?

I hope someone can clear up my questions, and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
If you are in doubt as to anything you downloaded (someone's game/clan patches are certainly suspect), or the veracity of the sources, I'd change everything password related from a secure uninfected system, then flatten your own installation, and start anew, ...NUKE and pave.

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.....; it's the only way to be sure"
Corporal Hicks, Colonial Marines
If you are in doubt as to anything you downloaded (someone's game/clan patches are certainly suspect), or the veracity of the sources, I'd change everything password related from a secure uninfected system, then flatten your own installation, and start anew, ...NUKE and pave.

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.....; it's the only way to be sure"
Corporal Hicks, Colonial Marines

Solution

TRENDING THREADS