[SOLVED] Is VGA as good (ok) as HDMI for everyday computing and graphic design?

Satearn

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2015
My HDMI port is broken on my new monitor (still under warranty) so I plugged in my VGA , and there doesn't seem to be any difference.

I really don't feel like waiting 6 weeks for LG to fix the monitor, and they it might not even be fixed, cause it always flickered when moving it around, even as new, the port is too flimsy...

It seems VGA is not as crisp as HDMI, but this could very well be my imagination!

I have to look very hard, and I "think" it looks better on HDMI, but I couldn't be sure...!

I don't use Blue Ray or 4K, my monitor is 1080*1920, 24 inches

Am I ok with VGA?

Solution
My HDMI port is broken on my new monitor (still under warranty) so I plugged in my VGA , and there doesn't seem to be any difference.

I really don't feel like waiting 6 weeks for LG to fix the monitor, and they it might not even be fixed, cause it always flickered when moving it around, even as new, the port is too flimsy...

It seems VGA is not as crisp as HDMI, but this could very well be my imagination!

I have to look very hard, and I "think" it looks better on HDMI, but I couldn't be sure...!

Am I ok with VGA?
VGA is an analog signal that requires two conversions. One at the PC and one on the monitor. Those conversions hurt sharpness. HDMI is a digital...

kanewolf

Titan

Am I ok with VGA?
VGA is an analog signal that requires two conversions. One at the PC and one on the monitor. Those conversions hurt sharpness. HDMI is a digital interface that requires no conversions. You will get sharper text and more consistent colors with HDMI.

Solution