[SOLVED] Is what this guys says safe for the gpu?

Solution
As mentioned prior, every silicon IC is different. Manufacturing processes guarantee that difference. There'll be different levels of impurities and contaminants in every chip, it's unavoidable. That affects exactly how any single IC behaves, it's timings, resonances, amperages, power delivery etc.

There's not just one chunk of silicon in a gpu, there's a couple dozen. To guarantee stability of the gpu across the entire manufactured model, speeds are set low, voltages are set high. This gives a very wide range of compatability that covers all the silicon, no matter which particular card or combination it's on.

That's where OC and UV come in. Since AMD is not about to fine tune every single card, it'll be on you to discover just how...

Ralston18

Titan
Hopefully he means well and does indeed present something workable. But that is for his system.

My thoughts:

Do you know what hardware he is using and how it is configured?

Do you know what hardware you have and how it is configured?

What respective PSU's are being used?

The motherboard's and GPU's respective User Guides/Manual for your system are the guiding documents.

Read your documentation. For all components.

Read the following link:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/overclocking.4/

Re-watch the video and others as well. Especially any that use the same hardware you have.

Then, if comfortable doing so, try overclocking. Start slow and increase in small increments. Wait a couple of days while you run your system to ensure that all is indeed well. Then go up another step.

At the first sign of problems - stop and reverse. Determine what (if anything) may be going wrong.

Again, follow the instructions applicable for your system.

Every piece of silicon is different.
So every component will behave differently.
We call it the silicon lottery.
Some times you get very lucky and get a great overclocking part, other times not. What might be stable for one system will crash an identical second system.
So do incremental steps and test at each step to see what your system is capable of.

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
i did everything he did except vram tuning he put his max Frequency to 1860 or something mine was originally at 1750 i just put i to 1800 and i played for a few hours and everything was running fine i was getting better performance the reason i did all this is because i didn't think my gpu was running how it was supposed to i was getting low fps on BfV my average fps was 120 on ultra and i look at someones elses avg fps and it was higher and it was like that in alot of games

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
As mentioned prior, every silicon IC is different. Manufacturing processes guarantee that difference. There'll be different levels of impurities and contaminants in every chip, it's unavoidable. That affects exactly how any single IC behaves, it's timings, resonances, amperages, power delivery etc.

There's not just one chunk of silicon in a gpu, there's a couple dozen. To guarantee stability of the gpu across the entire manufactured model, speeds are set low, voltages are set high. This gives a very wide range of compatability that covers all the silicon, no matter which particular card or combination it's on.

That's where OC and UV come in. Since AMD is not about to fine tune every single card, it'll be on you to discover just how much more speed the silicon combination can really handle and stay stable and just how much higher the stock setting is as compared to what your silicon combination really needs.

Ppl have called OC and UV free performance boosts, in a broader sense, that's not true. The performance was always there and when buying the card, you paid for it. It'll be up to you to choose whether to see just how much performance is available above stock or not.

Amd, Intel, nvidia they all guarantee a minimum level of performance per card. Anything above that is pot luck. Silicon Lottery.

Reactions: Unolocogringo
Solution