[SOLVED] Is WiFi harmful for health?

Mahbub1

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
OK, so this question might sound funny, but it's not. I have a laptop setup. The router is connected to the laptop by ethernet cable under the table and the wire is a mess, it is making my OCD go crazy. I am thinking of going wireless. I sit for long hours, but what's making me afraid of going wireless is that if I connect the laptop by WiFi and sit for long hours, the WiFi receiving point (laptop WiFi card) is right near my sex organ since the laptop is kept in the drawer right where I sit. I read somewhere loosely that long hours of being near to WiFi point (emitting point or receiving point) decreases sperm count etc. Can someone clarify is it true or not? can I go wireless and be safe? Or is it better to stick to ethernet cable purely from a health perspective in my case?

Solution
OK, so this question might sound funny, but it's not. I have a laptop setup. The router is connected to the laptop by ethernet cable under the table and the wire is a mess, it is making my OCD go crazy. I am thinking of going wireless. I sit for long hours, but what's making me afraid of going wireless is that if I connect the laptop by WiFi and sit for long hours, the WiFi receiving point (laptop WiFi card) is right near my sex organ since the laptop is kept in the drawer right where I sit. I read somewhere loosely that long hours of being near to WiFi point (emitting point or receiving point) decreases sperm count etc. Can someone clarify is it true or not? can I go wireless and be safe? Or is it better to stick to ethernet cable...
Put a tin hat or farraday cage around your noodle LOOOOOOOL you can see my sarcasm

Jesus man... if you live in town you have 2.4g, 3g, and possibly 5g coursing through you alllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyy

This i just cant take seriously

2.4ghz is "safe" as safe as you will get, disable 5ghz on your router

Honestly, you will be fine, wireless technology has been around longer than 20 years, if you go into a shopping center, we have put in wireless counters which literally count you by touching you. Dont even need to catch your phones signal anymore

Be safe lol sorry

OK, so this question might sound funny, but it's not. I have a laptop setup. The router is connected to the laptop by ethernet cable under the table and the wire is a mess, it is making my OCD go crazy. I am thinking of going wireless. I sit for long hours, but what's making me afraid of going wireless is that if I connect the laptop by WiFi and sit for long hours, the WiFi receiving point (laptop WiFi card) is right near my sex organ since the laptop is kept in the drawer right where I sit. I read somewhere loosely that long hours of being near to WiFi point (emitting point or receiving point) decreases sperm count etc. Can someone clarify is it true or not? can I go wireless and be safe? Or is it better to stick to ethernet cable purely from a health perspective in my case?

If it's a single wire it should not be a mess. Don't you also have a power cable going to it? Using a wire has a big stability advantage over wireless aside from your fear of the radiation. But picking one over the other has nothing to do with any health issues. I'd just route the cable nicer if it bug you, get some cable ties and stick the cable to the desk side and wall better. Keeping the laptop in a drawer is also not a good idea, unless the drawer is open to ventilation to cool the computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS