Is windows 10 good for gaming?

Ludogorets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013
Hello. Can someone please help me.

Will PC games handle much better on Windows 10,rather then on Windows 7 or 8 ? like will they performance better,increasing FPS,no FPS DROPS (or reduced) in some games..etc ?

Solution
It really depends on what games you play.

Windows 10 comes with the new DirectX 12, but that's the main difference for gamers.

Basically, as long as you keep your computer clean and optimized, you should be achieving similar FPS to Windows 7/8/8.1. In my personal experience, I've gained about 3-5 FPS in most games. But I'm not sure that this is due to Windows 10 itself, but rather to better driver optimization.

If you have AMD hardware, you will likely see a huge increase in performance in games that can be run in DirectX 12.
It really depends on what games you play.

Windows 10 comes with the new DirectX 12, but that's the main difference for gamers.

Basically, as long as you keep your computer clean and optimized, you should be achieving similar FPS to Windows 7/8/8.1. In my personal experience, I've gained about 3-5 FPS in most games. But I'm not sure that this is due to Windows 10 itself, but rather to better driver optimization.

If you have AMD hardware, you will likely see a huge increase in performance in games that can be run in DirectX 12.

Solution