Question Is Windows 10 Pro ok for home usage?

Jun 15, 2019
I'm having a new gaming PC and I'm curious about it. Does it have any features that will lag my games or will it force me to update it while I'm using it? Also, pretend there is no difference in the price tag. I will buy an OEM and it is pretty cheap.

D

Deleted member 14196

It should be fine. But oem license is then locked to that machine only. If you ever need to install it again on a different machine it won’t activate

Why do you think you need pro? Home is perfect for what you want

Reactions: DMAN999

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
windows_10_pro_vs_windows_10_home_official.jpg

nothing gaming connected.

Jun 15, 2019
Why do you think you need pro? Home is perfect for what you want
I don't really think I must have the pro, but Windows 10 forced me to update once and broke my apps and stuff. I couldn't use them for weeks and had to wait for the next patch. With the pro I want to delay them for a couple weeks. And I have to say that with a litte difference in the price tag these features look good. Also yes, I know oem licensed Windows' lock, but I don't change my computer that often. So it is ok.

Colif

Win 11 Master
latest version of win 10 (home or Pro) let you delay updates for up to 7 days

you can move licenses to another PC if you follow some steps before hand - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

it depends on if the PC is made by a big OEM company as their licenses can't be moved, no matter what.

main difference now between retail and OEM is likely number of times you can move license. Retail would be more lenient.

Jun 15, 2019
latest version of win 10 (home or Pro) let you delay updates for up to 7 days

you can move licenses to another PC if you follow some steps before hand - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

it depends on if the PC is made by a big OEM company as their licenses can't be moved, no matter what.

main difference now between retail and OEM is likely number of times you can move license. Retail would be more lenient.
Thanks, I will check the link out :)