Is Windows 10 Safe for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wussification

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
I have a Sager NP 8268 s that has a intel 4710MQ, GTX 980m, 16 GB of kingston hyperx Ram and the rest is stock. I know it is compatible with windows 10, but I am wanting to know if with my hardware will I have compatibility issues? I upgraded an older laptop to windows 8 when that came out and it was absolutely unusable. It messed up everything. I don't know if that was coincidence or old drivers or what. But my issue is that I am worried that I may not be able to find drivers for all of my parts that are compatible with Windows 10. Also does Windows 10 have backwards compatibility with programs that are designed for Windows 7 or XP if needed?

Solution
No, it's not backwards compatible with older drivers for a lot of hardware, especially peripherals. The first and most important thing you should do is create a backup image or restore disk, I recommend Acronis True image, so you can revert to your previous configuration if there are troubles. Since there are currently a lot of hardware manufacturers that have not yet released Windows 10 drivers, it might be a good idea to wait until you've checked the product pages for any hardware that concerns you to verify there are in fact Win10 drivers for everything you'll need before making the change.

Apparently there's a "roll back" feature with Win10 anyway which allows you to revert back to your Win7/8/8/1 install within 30 days of the upgrade. There are a heap of guides on the web which Google will find quickly.

Like anything, it's not 100% guaranteed to succeed, but it's another option if the upgrade doesn't go as smoothly as you hope.

No, it's not backwards compatible with older drivers for a lot of hardware, especially peripherals. The first and most important thing you should do is create a backup image or restore disk, I recommend Acronis True image, so you can revert to your previous configuration if there are troubles. Since there are currently a lot of hardware manufacturers that have not yet released Windows 10 drivers, it might be a good idea to wait until you've checked the product pages for any hardware that concerns you to verify there are in fact Win10 drivers for everything you'll need before making the change.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.