Question Is Windows 11 preventing booting from pendrive?

Perene

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
I created a bootable pendrive with Windows 11, through Rufus. And am using Windows 11 after updating my Win 10. Computer is i7 4770, Bluecase BMBMH81-T (this MB AIDA64 says it's a Intel Lynx Point H81, BLUECASE is a local company which just rebranded the Haswell chipset).

The problem is, even if I tell my BIOS to boot from pendrive first, it will go directly to Windows everytime.

Do you know if for a fact Windows 11 makes our computer BIOS reject these pendrives, or it could be some issue with the pendrive itself? I created using Rufus from Windows 11 downloaded from MICROSOFT itself. When I restart the system it should go to this pendrive and ask if I want to install Windows from there.

Also, before updating Windows 10 I converted from MBR to GPT, using AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard
https://www.diskpart.com/articles/free-mbr-to-gpt-converter-7201.html

Perene

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Windows 11 is already installed in my unsupported PC. I did this to allow the installation:

The problem I am experiencing is this:

• Rufus used Windows 11 ISO and created a bootable pendrive;
  • When I restart PC and want to boot from said pendrive it doesn't work.

I am going to check now if booting from a 2nd pendrive with Windows 10 there will work. Because if it does, then this means I need to use Rufus to create a Windows 10 bootable pendrive (for installation purposes) and only then dowmload Windows 11 again to make another installation.

In the future I'll format the entire SSD and will need to have Windows in a bootable pendrive.

What I can't have is a single bootable pendrive with Windows 11, then I ask my PC to boot from it, and does nothing.