Is Windows 8 good now

UNuniQueLY

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
Ok so I want to give windows 8 a try on my super budget system i'm going to make because I can move it went I build my expensive system. My question is windows 8 good now I know the majority of people hated it went it came out but has it improve or does it look like the os will become good over time or is it doom.

Solution
Once you're on your desktop you'd hardly notice it was 8 you're using. Main difference, no Start Button, but the Windows Key takes you straight to the Start Screen where you can search for anything you need. Windows Key plus X gives you instant access to Control Panel, Task Manager and lots more.
Generally it's faster and lighter, and worth it just for the music App which gives you access to Xbox Music, choose any Artist you like and play any track from their Albums...
Once you're on your desktop you'd hardly notice it was 8 you're using. Main difference, no Start Button, but the Windows Key takes you straight to the Start Screen where you can search for anything you need. Windows Key plus X gives you instant access to Control Panel, Task Manager and lots more.
Generally it's faster and lighter, and worth it just for the music App which gives you access to Xbox Music, choose any Artist you like and play any track from their Albums...

Solution

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Honestly the mechanics of it are good, it looks good. The apps are nice and it is pretty quick. The problem is that many games don't officially support it and there is issues running games.

If you're coming from win7 with a library of steam games then don't expect them all to be supported.
Although, if this machine is going to be for more basic stuff like movies and internet browsing etc... Then go for it! It's pretty sweet overall imho