Is windows 8 worth getting without a touch screen?

Frederd4

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I plan to hook my desktop up to my TV (1080p HDTV). Obviously it is not touch screen.

Is windows 8 worth getting even if I don't have a touch screen? So far I like it, but I've only used it on touch screens.

Solution
The best way to see if it fits your specific situation would be to try it out. You can use the Windows 8.1 Preview to install it on your system and find out. The Windows 8.1 Preview will be active until its expiration in January 2014. When you have made your decision, you will be required to perform a clean install to replace Windows 8.1 Preview.

To install the ISO file linked, you will need to either burn the file to DVD or use a utility like the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create bootable media from a USB stick.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
The best way to see if it fits your specific situation would be to try it out. You can use the Windows 8.1 Preview to install it on your system and find out. The Windows 8.1 Preview will be active until its expiration in January 2014. When you have made your decision, you will be required to perform a clean install to replace Windows 8.1 Preview.

To install the ISO file linked, you will need to either burn the file to DVD or use a utility like the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create bootable media from a USB stick.

Solution

Frederd4

Honorable
Jul 8, 2013
I think I'm going to go ahead and get it, should I get regular windows 8 or should I go for windows 8 pro? I can get both for relatively little price difference from my school