[SOLVED] is windows build in antivirus and malware protection good enough now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2849646
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2849646

For years I have been paying for anti virus software. I had a look at the windows software and it looks pretty polished nowadays. So question is: does one really need a third party software package or is windows good enough for the average user?

I'm very tempted to let my subscription lapse and uninstall the software instead of renewing it. Windows has: Microsoft Defender Antivirus, and I think there's a firewall software too? If not, my router has a firewall too.

Thoughts guys? Anyone here not use firewall and doing fine?

Solution
If you practice healthy web browsing, don't install anything that is questionable let alone click on anything that's questionable and don't invite others to randomly plug in USB drives from say an internet cafe, you can do without an antivirus. As for your question about Windows Defender, yes it's actually good for what it is. If at all in doubt with whether Windows Defender on Windows 10 is capable of, use malwarebytes, which is free.

Been on Windows 10 for about 2 years and I've had nothing but praise for it...nothing like the Defender that was on Windows 7.

Lutfij

Titan
If you practice healthy web browsing, don't install anything that is questionable let alone click on anything that's questionable and don't invite others to randomly plug in USB drives from say an internet cafe, you can do without an antivirus. As for your question about Windows Defender, yes it's actually good for what it is. If at all in doubt with whether Windows Defender on Windows 10 is capable of, use malwarebytes, which is free.

Been on Windows 10 for about 2 years and I've had nothing but praise for it...nothing like the Defender that was on Windows 7.

Solution