Question Is Windows not detecting all my RAM?

joshuadouglasmiller

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
All of a sudden windows service executable is taking 100 mb RAM and games run slow. It did this a week ago and I reset my whole windows and everything but it is back after a couple of days of going good. But I have 8 GB ram so that shouldnt be a problem. But with everything right now like google chrome and that my RAM is at 37% usage. And totaling all the things right now does not even add to 1 gb of RAM. Any way to fix this? Sometimes my disk goes really high so maybe I just need an SSD? Windows says I have 8 gb ram and 7.45 gb of it is available.
PC:
MSI 1070 TI
8 GB RAM (I forget type. DDR4 3600 something I think)
ASUS AMD X470 Pro
Ryzen 1500x

Last edited:

joshuadouglasmiller

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
Hello

Can you please try Manually Managing the Virtual Memory and see if it helps?

You may also want to check for graphics card driver updates, Windows updates, and BIOS updates.

If everything is in place, please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command to let Windows detect and automatically fix the issue(s).

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
So I did the second 2 things and niether worked. The graphics card is fully updated and didnt change the FPS much and the windows thing didnt find anything. For the first thing, idk what to put in the 2 boxes at the end and I dont wanna fudged it up lol. Can you tell me what to put?

So I did the second 2 things and niether worked. The graphics card is fully updated and didnt change the FPS much and the windows thing didnt find anything. For the first thing, idk what to put in the 2 boxes at the end and I dont wanna fudged it up lol. Can you tell me what to put?

Hello again

Oh, I am extremely sorry not explaining about the first link in detail.

The tutorial the link is for has all the information about how to calculate.

In short, the first box should have the 1.5x of your RAM in MB. For instance, if you have 1GB of RAM which is 1024 MB, the first box should have 1024 x 1.5 = 1536.

Likewise, the second box should have 4x of your RAM, and if the RAM is 1GB the number would be 1024 x 4 = 4096.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

joshuadouglasmiller

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
Hello again

Oh, I am extremely sorry not explaining about the first link in detail.

The tutorial the link is for has all the information about how to calculate.

In short, the first box should have the 1.5x of your RAM in MB. For instance, if you have 1GB of RAM which is 1024 MB, the first box should have 1024 x 1.5 = 1536.

Likewise, the second box should have 4x of your RAM, and if the RAM is 1GB the number would be 1024 x 4 = 4096.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
sorry for being so late but I did. and it helped csgo with like an average of 10 more fps but that was it. tried changing one of my ram sticks with an extra of the same type. nothing changed. dont starve together is lagging when too much goes on, so im pretty sure its either my cpu being <Mod Edit>, something with my ram, or my MB (which forums tell me i need a past cpu to upgrade it to my current cpu so i cant update bios properly).

Last edited by a moderator: