Is WordPerfect X3 compatable with Windows 7

loisj4912

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
We just bought a new computer with Windows 7 installed. We have many, many files in WordPerfect Office X3 and do not seem to be able to install it. Corel is absolutely no help. I know this should be no problem. Can you help?

darkbooton

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I did some digging around. I did not know WP was still around!! Personnaly I was a WordStar fan. It appears there may be a way to open the files in Office by using the open with; format "."

Also appears that Open Office will open your files. Its a free download. I would try Open Office, convert your WP files from there.

Southerner

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

I have tried to install WordPerfect Office Editor 3 as I have used it for years but I can not get it to work in my Windows 7 vm (parallels). It states that it is not a 32 or 64 bit version. It worked in XP but not in Windows 7. I found one site at:
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wpdosbox64.html
that addressed using WP with Windows 64 bit but the site is old and the files were from a dropbox that does not appear to still exist.

My issue is that even with DOSBOX installed it hangs my computer which I am using Wndows 7 (64 bit) and would love to be able to use it again as it does a lot of things that I can not do with other editors like search for or insert new hard returns as part of the search and replace function.

TRENDING THREADS