[SOLVED] Is worth the upgrade?

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
I play at 2560x1440 144Hz with a GTX1080Ti. My question is if it's worth to upgrade to RTX2080Ti to get some fps extra or buy a RTX2080Super which i read on Internet was barely the same performance as the Ti version on 1440p. Money isn't a concern but want to know if i get something noticeable.

Last edited:
Solution
I would suggest to wait if you can as well. That 1080ti is still a solid card.

Nvidia releases their new gpu later this year with a rumored %50 performance increase.

I have an RTX 2070 Super. In a few games the ray tracing adds a little eye candy but the FPS hit can be kinda high depending on the game.

And honestly, a lot of the time the ray tracing effects are not noticeable as you are immersed in the action of the game.
I would suggest to wait if you can as well. That 1080ti is still a solid card.

Nvidia releases their new gpu later this year with a rumored %50 performance increase.

I have an RTX 2070 Super. In a few games the ray tracing adds a little eye candy but the FPS hit can be kinda high depending on the game.

And honestly, a lot of the time the ray tracing effects are not noticeable as you are immersed in the action of the game.

Last edited:
Solution

tplay2003

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Wait for the new Nvidia GPU, the RTX technology is not yet that BIG thing and like the other guys said unless you will play Ray Tracing Games there is no need for the RTX2080Ti or RTX2080Super . So yeah im also gonna say wait for that new GPU you will see more performance with it rather than this two cards! Have a good luck!

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Okey thank you guys for your thoughts. It's kinda what i think of, don't want to use ray tracing to be honest and the new GPU series is coming soon. Thank you all. Just RDR2 have some minor probles in fps but is expect so no big concerns.

TRENDING THREADS