Is worth to get another 100mhz when i have to up the voltage

Prontus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
Hi im using the 4690k i can get 4.4GHZ at 1.22v stable. But if I want 4.5GHZ i need atleast 1.25v. Do you think its worth it ?

Solution
Yeah that should be fine. As long as your temps are quite manageable, higher voltages should be ok. If it ever gets into a danger zone, when you try to boot into the configuration, the system will refuse to boot, and just reboot into last stable config.

Sedivy

Estimable
It depends on the temperatures. Higher voltage will mean higher temperatures. If your cooler can keep your cpu at decent temps then you should be fine. Get something like HWMonitor or HWInfo (you should already have this if you're overclocking) and keep a close eye on temperatures. If you're regularly getting into above 80C temps, I would tone it down, because higher temps also mean faster wearout on the hardware components and that might not be worth it for 100MHz.

Prontus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013

I have around 68C max was 72C when playing bf1 but average is around the 65C and bf1 is really cpu intensive

Sedivy

Estimable
Yeah that should be fine. As long as your temps are quite manageable, higher voltages should be ok. If it ever gets into a danger zone, when you try to boot into the configuration, the system will refuse to boot, and just reboot into last stable config.

Solution

Prontus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013

Ok thank you