Is XFX PRO650W Compatible with ASUS Prime Z370-P (and i7-8700k)?

Bonglord

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014
I have been having problems possibly power related to my new motherboard and CPU and I've not been able to figure out what's wrong. The PC will crash/power off unless on safe mode.

I think it may be to do with power because the CPU power connector on my PSU does not match the shape on the motherboard ALTHOUGH THEY WILL CONNECT. e.g. there are rounded shapes on the cable that will slot into the square shapes on the motherboard slot because they are smaller.

Does this mean I will need to buy a new compatible CPU or do the shapes not need to match if they fit in anyway?

Bonglord

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014

Alright, thanks for your fast response. Yes, I've tried a lot of things. The thread for those problems didn't have any solutions :/

Bonglord

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014

Yep. In fact, that was me just trying the new motherboard I received after returning the old one thinking it was defective and my PC still isn't working so I think it must be the CPU that's not working (I tried each 4GB stick of RAM separately and the same problem occurred so I'm negating that as the problem). Going to get a new CPU sent out ASAP.

Bonglord

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz. Video cable? Using Display Port output, PCIEx16 slot and 8 pin PCIE cable. I have built many PCs in the past and this is the first problem I've had.

Bonglord

Honorable
Mar 10, 2014

I have already done this and with dual DVI.