[SOLVED] Is zotac really that bad?

kostas1127

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2015
I purchased the rtx 3060ti amp white by zotac and everyone seems to be saying theyre the worst gpu manufacturer. Are they really that bad? I have 3 years warranty will i have issues?

Solution
Zotac was for a long time, 2nd tier gpu, along with PNY, Galax and others of similar values. 1st tier being Asus, Msi, Gigabyte, Evga and Sapphire.

Zotac, like most 2nd tier gpus did one thing. Took a reference board, jacked the clocks to the hills, and slapped on a different cooler. No custom pcbs. Just wild claims on performance and cooling. As a result, you got high performance cards, but at the cost of little OC room, and very touchy with temps and excessive speed fans.

It's only in the last couple of years that Zotac and Galax etc have stepped up and designed custom pcbs for the cards, which has the advantage of being able to use better spec'd parts for the higher power draws.

Zotac did have reports of funky QC, but that was...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've never seen anything to suggest they have a history of problems. no clue who "everyone" is, but unless they can provide you with some links, i'd not give it a second thought.

i read tech news daily from many sites and in 20+ years i don't recall seeing anything about them having regular issues.

any product will have some problems no matter the manufacturer, that's why they have warranties. will your specific card have a problem? only time will tell.

kostas1127

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2015
I see many posts on reddit theying theyre bad and i was afraid. Thank you so much guys. Is the amp white a good card? It was very affordable where i live. I hope the zotac support is ok at least if anything happens.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can go online and make 1000 posts claiming something is good, bad or indifferent. does not make it true.

when reading about tech, look for professional reviews or reports/articles from reputable sites. random comments on redit or in amazon customer comments and so on are useless.

if i read it somewhere and then see it again and again across tech sites, then i know it has some validity. otherwise it is usually BS.

i've never owned a zotac card myself but other than not being the most popular, they seem to be quality. look for a review or 2 of the model you are looking at and see what was said. look for stuff like, power draw, temps, noise levels of the fans and such. this will tell you about the quality and how it will run.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Zotac was for a long time, 2nd tier gpu, along with PNY, Galax and others of similar values. 1st tier being Asus, Msi, Gigabyte, Evga and Sapphire.

Zotac, like most 2nd tier gpus did one thing. Took a reference board, jacked the clocks to the hills, and slapped on a different cooler. No custom pcbs. Just wild claims on performance and cooling. As a result, you got high performance cards, but at the cost of little OC room, and very touchy with temps and excessive speed fans.

It's only in the last couple of years that Zotac and Galax etc have stepped up and designed custom pcbs for the cards, which has the advantage of being able to use better spec'd parts for the higher power draws.

Zotac did have reports of funky QC, but that was back in 2016-2017 era, there's nothing I've seen about more current stock.

Solution