Question Isn't LEP used in street lamps? Why is it used in a flashlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2022
Nitecore released the P35i on Kickstarter,it used of LEP as the main light source of P35i.
But it is understood that LEP is used for street light, right?
I watched their video and it works OK.

D

Deleted member 14196

Street lights are usually high pressure sodium or metal halide

laser excited phosphorus In the flashlight is lower power. obviously the power is scaled down so there isn’t such heat to be dissipated as there would be in a street lamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: David Magim

laser excited phosphorus In the flashlight is lower power. obviously the power is scaled down so there isn’t such heat to be dissipated as there would be in a street lamp.
Many of the street lamps have gone to LED. And thankfully the cities went with the lowest bids and lots of lights are suffering premature failures from UV filters wearing early to PCB going bad.

kanewolf

Titan
Nitecore released the P35i on Kickstarter,it used of LEP as the main light source of P35i.
But it is understood that LEP is used for street light, right?
I watched their video and it works OK.
The main advantage of LEP in a flashlight is that the beam doesn't spread out. So a bright illumination is possible up to a mile from the source. See this article for tested LEP flashlights -- https://1lumen.com/lep-flashlight/

Apr 25, 2022

Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.