ISP Modem/Router, Managed Switch, Multiple Static IP’s addresses and more routers.

Noobie1987

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
I have a router/modem from my ISP(Fios g1100) and managed switch(HP Procurve 2510-24 J9019B) and routers(Asus RT-N12). I am trying to set up a network where each Static IP my ISP assigned is assigned to each router that is connected to the managed switch.
The ISP(Fios) modem/router is assigned to one of the Static IPs leased to me by my ISP. I connected ISP(Fios) modem/router to the first port of the managed switch. The managed switch Is factory reset by the way. I connected one of the routers(Asus RT-N12) to the second port on the managed switch. I assigned another one of the Static IPs to the router(Asus RT-N12)in the WAN settings. I provided all the information to the router which includes Static IP, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, Primary and Secondary DNS.
So when I try and use the router(Asus RT-N12) I assigned the second Static IP address , the computer connect to that router cannot connect to the internet.
What did I do wrong?

Solution
To use the ethernet ports on the ISP device you have to use it in bridge mode rather than as a router. If it is in router mode, then the addresses on the ethernet ports are local addresses and FIOS never sees the routers on the back side.

Noobie1987

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Yes I have the coax of Ethernet from the ONT connected to the modem/router. I have the Ethernet from the routers and the one from the ISP router/modem connect to wan to managed switch.

kanewolf

Titan
To use the ethernet ports on the ISP device you have to use it in bridge mode rather than as a router. If it is in router mode, then the addresses on the ethernet ports are local addresses and FIOS never sees the routers on the back side.

Solution