Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
2 dual dishes point to point need help with:
Bridge setup
recommendation
anti ddos attack
Thanks in advance

Solution
Not sure how you can be a ISP with a solution like that. Those are mostly used to connect remote locations together or maybe to act as the backhaul for a say a common radio tower that serves the end users. You would not use a solution like that to connect end user houses.

If you are trying to set up a WISP there is specialized equipment for that. The most common being the motorola canopy system. Many of the WISP providers are moving to LTE like cell phone companies use but running it on the unlicensed radio frequencies.

The reason these are used rather than normal WiFi is they have the ability to control when the end user transmits rather than it being a free for all like it is using normal WiFi. WiFi is half duplex so you...

kanewolf

Titan
There is generally nothing you can do to mitigate a DDOS attack other than play nice with others. Anything YOU do is too late, your limited bandwidth has already been used. You can do a VPN which will throw off your actual IP address. But if the attacker somehow gets your true IP address, there is nothing you can do.

I don't understand the first part or your post. What about "2 dual dishes" ? A "Bridge setup" for what?

Disrupt0r

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

I'm installing 2 dual rocket dish with mikrotik board,using p2p bridge

Disrupt0r

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

im Seting up to be an ISP
already got Dishes ,sectors and routerboard for them
since its my first time
I'm looking for help
1-P2P bridge Setup (recommendation)
2-Security (beware of what, don't forget to ..? )
3- how to protect my link from hackers ,scamers ,ddos...etc

Not sure how you can be a ISP with a solution like that. Those are mostly used to connect remote locations together or maybe to act as the backhaul for a say a common radio tower that serves the end users. You would not use a solution like that to connect end user houses.

If you are trying to set up a WISP there is specialized equipment for that. The most common being the motorola canopy system. Many of the WISP providers are moving to LTE like cell phone companies use but running it on the unlicensed radio frequencies.

The reason these are used rather than normal WiFi is they have the ability to control when the end user transmits rather than it being a free for all like it is using normal WiFi. WiFi is half duplex so you get a massive data collision problem when you have lots of clients.

Now this is only the beginning. It is not DDOS you need to worry about it is the misuse of the system by your paying customers. You will need at least some minimal logging ability to know what user has what IP when. This way when you get the cease and desist letters from the RIAA because someone is stealing movies you can tell them what customer did it. If you don't have that ability they will come after you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS