Issue: 4K not playing properly on PC

Apr 2, 2018
I recently bought a 55 inch NU8000 Samsung 4K TV.

I am trying to play 4K video from my desktop PC and display it on my new Samsung TV.

The PC is hooked up to a Denon receiver via HDMI and then the receiver sends the signal via HDMI to the 4K TV.

My PC is :
7700k CPU
GTX980 Ti
16 GB RAM
4K videos are stored on a 7200 RPM disk drive.

The Denon receiver is : AVR -S720W

The videos are :
CODEC : HEVC
TYPE : 2160p (Progressive)
FRAME RATE : 23.976 fps
DISPLAY ASPECT RATIO : 16:9
FORMAT PROFILE LEVEL : Main 10@L5.1@High
BITRATE : 53.3 Mbps
WIDTH x HEIGHT : 3840 x 2160 pixels
COLOR PRIMARIES : BT.2020

I have been able to set the TV to 4K display on Win 10 and it looks great. I have been able to watch some 4K video on Youtube and they look great.
However, when I try and watch a downloaded movie with the parameters above I get awful playback.
On VLC it shows no video, only sound.
On 5K Player it showed awful video playback.
On Windows Media Player 10 it actually displays great video and sound but they are not synced up correctly.

I am lost. I keep thinking that either the HDMI cables are dragging something down or the receiver being in line might be cause the issue.

I cannot imagine how a 7700k CPU and GTX 980 Ti are not capable of rendering smooth 4K.

Let me know what you think. I am open to any ideas here.

AHK

Solution
Most browsers limit the streaming videos to 720P max. Google is guilty of this, but it does allow YouTube (which it owns by the way) to have 1080P.

Currently the only browser that allows 1080P consistently is Edge. I'm not sure of 4K other than Netflix and Amazon.
Most browsers limit the streaming videos to 720P max. Google is guilty of this, but it does allow YouTube (which it owns by the way) to have 1080P.

Currently the only browser that allows 1080P consistently is Edge. I'm not sure of 4K other than Netflix and Amazon.

Solution