Question Issue after re-applying thermal paste.

Apr 24, 2019
Hi, new to the forums here. I just recently decided to repaste my 780 TI. Figured it was time to show it some love since it's been several years. The card had been working fine previously, so today I dismantled the card by removing the reference cooler on the EVGA 780 Ti. I made sure to use caution removing the LED \ cooler connection. Carefully cleaned off the old paste, reapplied new paste, re-assembled giving the screws a snug, but not too firm tighten. I then reinstalled the card, booted Up to and including windows logo it looks just fine, but when I get into Windows it looks like; View: https://imgur.com/XpckBIX
. I booted it a linux machine and didn't have the same issue. I've tried HDMI, DVI, and Display all same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- As a follow up I did ensure nothing was damaged during the removal\reconnecting of the cooler.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
I'll give that a go. Quick update. I disassembled the card again, and made certain to clean very precisely around the chip its-self, and the initial issue isn't preset. I am now encounter
View: https://imgur.com/Ab3A6qU
for example. The text is crystal clear, but everything else is blurry. Then device manager giving the; Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). I am going to attempt to boot in safemode, and try the drivers that way. Thanks!

Apr 24, 2019
Maybe try booting into safe mode and try reinstalling drivers. Let us know if that works
Booted into safe mode, used UDD to uninstall, rebooted again in safe mode, did a clean install of the driver. Artifact looking issue gone, but games are giving around 5-10 fps.
The issue does return when not in safe mode as well.

salm2s

Honorable
Jul 21, 2017
Booted into safe mode, used UDD to uninstall, rebooted again in safe mode, did a clean install of the driver. Artifact looking issue gone, but games are giving around 5-10 fps.
The issue does return when not in safe mode as well.
You said that device manager was giving the code 43. Apparently, this might be due to a hardware failure or a device driver. Maybe try an older version of the driver, see if that works.